Welcome here, today I will be showing you how to make Corn flakes at home. Corn flakes, or cornflakes, is a breakfast cereal made from corn (maize). It is a common cereal food in Nigeria and around the world.
There are many brands of corn flakes produced by various manufacturers in Nigeria today. You can also produce your own corn flakes with your brand name.
Today in Nigeria we see corn flakes packaged in large nylon bags to enable retailers sell to consumers in little quantities.
This gives opportunity to prospective business men and women to also do same with their brand names.
If you are looking to start a business in Nigeria, I think you should consider production of corn flakes in large quantity.
You can also save money by making for personal use.
Moreover, it is a good snack that is easy to prepare at home. So why not give it a try?
Follow the steps below to make corn flakes at home.
Ingredients for Making Corn Flakes at Home
- Yellow cornmeal: 1 1/2 cup
- Granulated white sugar: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- A cup of water: 3/4(12 tablespoons)
How to Make Corn Flakes at Home in Nigeria
- Get a large bowl, mix 1 cup of cornmeal with sugar, salt, and vanilla extract.
- Add water, a little at a time, and keep stirring until the batter or mixture becomes smooth.
- Add more water if necessary in case the batter is too thick.
- Line a baking tray with foil or parchment paper and grease lightly with oil or spray.
- Pour the prepared batter on this tray and spread it out evenly to make a thin layer of about 1/3 to ¼ inches.
- With 1 teaspoon of water mix the remaining ½ cup of cornmeal.
- Mix until the mixture starts looking like breadcrumbs.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix on top of the other batter in the tray.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the tray in the middle of the oven for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat down to 250 degrees and remove the tray from the oven.
- Let it cool for a while and then crack this batter into small flakes with your hands.
- Place the tray again in the oven for 45 minutes or until the flakes become golden and crispy.
Your corn flakes is ready, serve with milk once they have completely cooled down and dried.
Store the remaining flakes in airtight jars or containers in a cool dry place away from sunlight.
How to Make Short Bread in Nigeria
Our aim at MildBizPreneur is to help prospective entrepreneurs start and build their own business. That is why we bring you different besiness opprtunities that will empower and improve your life and that of others.
You can start your business with our ideas and grow your business to become a multi national business.
Short bread is one biscuit that is loved by children and adults. As a result, you can start making short bread cookies and package them to sell.
If you are looking for a business to start. This is one business you can start and make profit huge profit. Now, let’s go ahead to look at the steps needed to make shortbread cookies in Nigeria.
Ingredients Needed for Making ShortBread
Shortbread cookies are very milky and buttery and they melt in the mouth. It is one snack that is easy to make. One might think that you would need a lot of milk to make it taste milky but no. Surprisingly, you don’t need much milk to make short bread cookies. As a matter of fact, milk is optional.
Below are the ingredients you need to make shortbread.
150 grams Plain Flour or Fine Wheat flour
100 grams Butter (not margarine)
50 grams Icing sugar (powdered sugar)
One and half tablespoonful powdered milk (optional, but makes it extra rich and creamy)
If you don’t have icing sugar, you can make use of finely grinded granulated sugar.
How to Make Short Bread
Preheat the oven at 170ºC /325ºF for about 5 minutes.
Place the dough on a table and roll it out to 3/4 inch thick width
Cut into 2cm by 10cm shortbread fingers or shapes and gently transfer them into a baking tray.
Use toothpick or fork to make indents on the shortbread fingers.
Finally, place the tray into the preheated oven and bake at 170ºC /325ºF for 10- 12 minutes or until firm, but not brown.
Shortbread should not be brown but have a cream color.
Leave to cool completely, Serve and Enjoy!
Packaging and Branding
To be able to succeed in your business, packaging is one important thing you should not overlook.
The way you package and brand your business will determine how far you will go with your business. It is advisable not to despise the days of little beginning. And don’t just remain where you started.
Give yourself a target, plan to meet your target and improve in what you do. Time will tell where you will find your self in few years.
Here in Nigeria, there are several markets to buy packaging materials. So, plan to package and brand your goods well.
Get a good graphics designer who will design your brand name and logo for you. You can get stickers with your business name and logo to. Paste them on the containers you use for packaging. If you prefer using containers.
If you plan well with your marketing, before you realise, your business brand will grow so big that it will become a household name in Nigeria.
What is your take on this?
Share your views, ask questions, and contribute to this post using the comment box below.
If this is helpful, help others see this post by sharing on Facebook , Twitter by using the share icon below.